[389-users] No schema?

Gary Algier gaa at ulticom.com
Fri Jul 13 15:41:18 UTC 2012

Hello:

I just installed a fresh install of the 389 DS from EPEL and I see no schema:

# ldapsearch -x -h localhost -s sub -b cn=schema -wxxxxxxxx \
	-Dcn=directory\ manager
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=schema> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# schema
dn: cn=schema
objectClass: top
objectClass: ldapSubentry
objectClass: subschema
cn: schema

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

If I look at /etc/dirsrv/slapd-*/schema I see lots of files all with all sorts
of contents.  Is the schema unavailable by design?  I also looked with
389-console and I see nothing in the schema.

Version information:
# rpm -q 389-ds
389-ds-1.2.1-1.el5
# grep ^ /etc/*release*
/etc/redhat-release:CentOS release 5.8 (Final)

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ          gaa at ulticom.com             +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033

Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals:
     People don't read documentation voluntarily.