[389-users] Error Starting LDAP service

Binole, Bill BBinole at medplus.com
Mon Jul 16 22:12:07 UTC 2012

I am seeing the following error when starting the 389 LDAP server version 1.2.9.9.  The file is our dns schema which has been in use for some time.  It is successfully read in version 1.2.2.  I have seen a bug report around this issue but it was many years old and fixed.  Since the file works on a previous version was this problem reintroduced?

The entry cn=schema in file /etc/dirsrv/slapd-fnhubice03/schema/72DNSZone-Schema.ldif is invalid, error code 21 (Invalid syntax) - object class dNSZone: Unknown allowed attribute type "ARecord"

Regards,
Bill

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (513) 229-5500 or by email (postmaster at MedPlus.com). After replying, please erase it from your computer system.