[389-users] Error Starting LDAP service

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 22:33:23 UTC 2012

On 07/16/2012 04:12 PM, Binole, Bill wrote:

> I am seeing the following error when starting the 389 LDAP server
> version 1.2.9.9.  The file is our dns schema which has been in use for
> some time.  It is successfully read in version 1.2.2.  I have seen a
> bug report around this issue but it was many years old and fixed.

What was the bug number?

> Since the file works on a previous version was this problem reintroduced?

What was the bug number?

> The entry cn=schema in file
> /etc/dirsrv/slapd-fnhubice03/schema/72DNSZone-Schema.ldif is invalid,
> error code 21 (Invalid syntax) - object class dNSZone: Unknown allowed
> attribute type "ARecord"

We got rid of the old pilot schema quite some time ago.  I notice that
the information at http://port389.org/wiki/Howto:BIND has no mention of
aRecord or DNSRecord.

I suppose in the meantime you could just copy/paste the definition of
arecord from the old 28pilot.ldif file at
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=389/ds.git;a=blob_plain;f=ldap/schema/28pilot.ldif;hb=30e3822919e20cb13dfc5dabc50e7c1fe5e21d40

copy/paste this somewhere near the beginning of your attributeTypes:
section in your 72DNSZone-Schema.ldif

attributeTypes: ( 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.26 NAME ( 'ARecord'
'DNSRecord' ) DESC 'Pilot attribute type' SYNTAX
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 X-ORIGIN 'Internet directory pilot' )