[389-users] How to change certificate options using 389-console ?

Addison Laurent alaurent at cise.ufl.edu
Mon May 7 18:12:38 UTC 2012

I'm trying to add a new server, and will need to use SSL, of course.
But all the instructions tell how to generate a self-signed CA, but
we've got real signed certs on the other servers, and so I'm trying to
generate a CSR for the new one.

Generating one from the 389-console is only giving me a 1024-bit key,
and 2048 is required.

I see that running the cert request from the command line is not the
preferred option, but how else can I change the parameters for the cert
request?

Thanks,
Addison