[389-users] Announcing 389 Directory Server version 1.2.11.12 Testing

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Tue Sep 4 06:12:33 UTC 2012

Perhaps Redhat has to much removed? I have not fonud a better document, but in:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19099-01/nscp.dirsvr416/816-6682-10/oc_dir40.htm
is described the requiered attributes and like on http://github.com/cgrzemba it should work if you add this:

nsslapd-pluginDescription: Sync Posix Attributes for users and groups between AD and DS if available and user lock/unlock
nsslapd-pluginVendor: Redhat
nsslapd-pluginId: posix-winsync-plugin
nsslapd-pluginVersion: POSIX/1.0

Am 04.09.12, schrieb Rich Megginson  <rmeggins at redhat.com>:

>     On 09/02/2012 11:36 PM, Juan Carlos Camargo wrote:
>

> >       p { margin: 0; }
> >       Thanks for the info and the
> >           update! Congrats Carsten, wonderful job!

> >             needed to turn off schema checking on the server (1.2.11.11)
> >             for the update to complete. Otherwise I had an "object class
> >             violation" error:
> >

> >           (...)
> >

> >             Full DN of administrative user
> >                 [cn=Directory Manager]:
> >
> >             Password for this user:
> >
> >             Could not open TLS connection to
> >                 freeipa2.eprinsa.org:389 - trying regular connection
> >
> >             dn: cn=Posix Winsync
> >                 API,cn=plugins,cn=config
> >
> >             objectclass: top
> >
> >             objectclass: nsSlapdPlugin
> >
> >             objectclass: extensibleObject
> >
> >             cn: Posix Winsync API
> >
> >             nsslapd-pluginpath:
> >                 libposix-winsync-plugin
> >
> >             nsslapd-plugininitfunc:
> >                 posix_winsync_plugin_init
> >
> >             nsslapd-plugintype: preoperation
> >
> >             nsslapd-pluginenabled: off
> >
> >             nsslapd-plugin-depends-on-type:
> >                 database
> >
> >             posixwinsyncmssfuschema: false
> >
> >             posixwinsyncmapmemberuid: true
> >
> >             posixwinsynccreatememberoftask:
> >                 false
> >
> >             posixwinsynclowercaseuid: false
> >
> >             nsslapd-pluginprecedence: 25
> >

> >             Error adding entry 'cn=Posix
> >                 Winsync API,cn=plugins,cn=config'.  Error: Object class
> >                 violation
> >
> >             Error: could not update the
> >                 directory server.
> >

>     Is there any more information in the errors log?
>

> >             (...)
> >

> >             De: "Rich
> >               Megginson" <rmeggins at redhat.com> <rmeggins at redhat.com>
> >
> >               Para: 389-announce at lists.fedoraproject.org,
> >               389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org,
> >               test-announce at lists.fedoraproject.org
> >
> >               Enviados: Viernes, 31 de Agosto 2012 22:50:56
> >
> >               Asunto: [389-users] Announcing 389 Directory
> >               Server version 1.2.11.12        Testing
> >

> >               The 389 Project team is pleased to announce the release of
> >

> >               389-ds-base-1.2.11.12 for Testing.  This release includes
> >               support for
> >
> >               POSIX attributes in Windows Sync, several bug fixes, and
> >               cleanup of
> >
> >               various issues found by valgrind and Coverity. The 389
> >               team would like
> >
> >               to thank Carsten Grzemba for contributing his POSIX
> >               Windows Sync plugin
> >
> >               to the project.
> >

> >               The new packages and versions are:
> >

> >                    389-ds-base 1.2.11.12
> >

> >               NOTE: 1.2.11 will not be available for Fedora 16 or
> >               earlier, nor for EL6
> >
> >               or earlier - 1.2.11 will only be available for Fedora 17
> >               and later. We
> >
> >               are trying to stabilize current, stable releases -
> >               upgrades to 1.2.11
> >
> >               will disrupt stability.
> >

> >               Installation
> >

> >                 yum install 389-ds --enablerepo=updates-testing
> >
> >                 # or for EPEL

> [...]
Carsten Grzemba
Tel.:   +49 3677 64740
Mobil: +49 171 9749479