[389-users] Can an admin server manage remote directory servers?

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Sep 11 15:24:02 UTC 2012

Can an admin server manage remote directory servers?  The docs always seems to
refer to running an admin server alongside the directory server, but in the
case of running a slave directory server, it would be nice to be able to
manage that from the admin server on our main directory server machine.  Is
that possible?

Also, should the instance name of the slave server be different than the
instance name of the primary server?  It doesn't seem to be a requirement, and
I'm not sure what is more or less confusing.

Thanks!

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com