[389-users] 389 DS Achitecture for Multiple Sites

Kyle Flavin Kyle.Flavin at wb.com
Mon Sep 17 15:05:19 UTC 2012

I'm looking to deploy 389 Directory in my environment to replace an
existing iPlanet installation.  I would be using it primarily to store
user account data for authentication purposes.  I have two physically
separate data centers that I would like to share the same directory
tree.  My initial thinking is to setup 389 DS as follows:

-A Master/Consumer in DataCenter A
-A Master/Consumer in DataCenter B
-Replication agreement between both masters, to mirror the directory
tree in both environments.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?  Is there a better way to do
it? (ie: four masters?)  Is there documentation for best practices when
setting up 389 DS in situations such as this?

Thanks.