[389-users] groupOfURLS, groupOfUniqueNames, and memberURL issues

Nick Cappelletti nick at switchtower.com
Mon Sep 17 19:03:49 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

I've been banging my head against this one for a few hours and was hoping for some input.  I have a group:

dn: cn=mxadmins,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=int,dc= example,dc=com
memberURL: ldap:///cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=int,dc= example,dc =com??sub?(ou=Supervisor)
cn: mxadmins
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: groupOfURLs

From the documentation I've read, there shouldn't be much more I need to then query that group and pull all the unique members into the list, but unfortunately I'm not getting the results I /think/ I should.

I'm running an older version of DS:

389 Project
389-Directory/1.2.5 B2010.012.2024

Perhaps that's part of the issue, but if anyone can help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick Cappelletti
nick at switchtower.com