[389-users] Version Display on RHDS 9 Upgrade

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 17:53:52 UTC 2013

On 12/09/2013 10:55 AM, Paul Whitney wrote:

> Paul M. Whitney
> E-mail: paul.whitney at mac.com
>

> On Dec 09, 2013, at 11:27 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/09/2013 09:30 AM, Paul Whitney wrote:
>>> Rich,
>>>
>>> I deinstalled and reinstalled my DS 9.0 ISO, then ran through the
>>> updates:
>>>   - DS9-RHBA-2011-1788 (nothing to update/install from here since
>>> the ISO is as current in versions)
>>>   - DS9-RHBA-2012-1345 (updated the 389-ds-console to 1.2.7-1)
>>>   - DS9-RHBA-2013-0960 (updated everything to 9.1)
>>>
>>> So now this is what I have installed:
>>>
>>> 389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-22
>>> 389-ds-base-libs-1.2.11.15-22
>>> 389-ds-console-1.2.7-1
>>> 389-console-1.1.7-1
>>> 389-admin-1.1.34-1
>>> 389-adminutil-1.1.17-1
>>> 389-admin-console-1.1.8-1
>>>
>>> redhat-ds-admin-9.1.0-1
>>> redhat-ds-console-9.1.0-1
>>> redhat-idm-console-9.1.0-1
>>> redhat-ds-9.1.0-1
>>> redhat-ds-base-9.1.0-1
>>> redhat-admin-console-9.1.0-1
>>
>> Did you run setup-ds-admin.pl -u on all of the systems that you upgraded?
>
> I ran it and am getting the following error:  Error adding entry
> 'cn=PAM Pass Through Auth,cn=plugins,cn=config'. Error: Already
> exists  (i tried to remedy this by removing the entry, but still
> getting the same error).

If setup-ds-admin.pl -u is failing, then the console will fail to find
the correct jar files.

"i tried to remedy this by removing the entry" - how did you do this?

>>> idm-console-framework-1.1.7-2
>>> java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-1.65.1.11.1.3
>>>
>>> As root (just to eliminate any write permissions issue), I launched
>>> the 389-console.
>>
>> That shouldn't make any difference.
>>
>>> Log in successfully to master on local host. However a couple of things:
>>>    - The console window cannot access any of the slapd instances or
>>> the admin portion because system "failed to install a local copy of
>>> redhat-admin-9.0.jar or one of its supporting files."  (The 9.0 jar
>>> links were replaced with 9.1). Links in this directory are confusing
>>> as all get out. Not sure why so many are needed....
>>
>> setup-ds-admin.pl -u is supposed to change the versions of the
>> required jar files from 9.0 to 9.1.
>>
>> Links in which directory are confusing?   You should never have to
>> look in the directory.
>
> I agree I should not have to look in the html/java directory.  But
> that is where the jar files come from and wanted to verify that 9.0
> jar files were replaced.

You should see 9.1 jar files in that directory (no matter if
setup-ds-admin.pl -u worked - the 9.1 jar files are in the rpms).

>>> In the admin-serv error log I am getting error: File does not exist:
>>> /usr/share/dirsrv/html/redhat-admin-9.0.jar  (the java directory was
>>> not overlooked in the path, this is the error in the log, as if it
>>> is looking for the 9.0 jar files in html).
>>
>> Let's see what the console is looking for.  Run
>> redhat-idm-console -D 9 -f console.log
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot capture this information and post here.  Info
> is on intranet with no access to Internet.

I don't it matters if setup-ds-admin.pl -u is failing.