[389-users] Version Display on RHDS 9 Upgrade

Paul Whitney paul.whitney at mac.com
Mon Dec 9 19:39:02 UTC 2013

Rich,

I made some progress.  I reran the setup-ds-admin.pl script with the -u option and --debug --continue options.

setup-ds-admin.pl -u --debug --continue.

When I did this, I started getting errors processing files in the /usr/share/dirsrv/data and updates directory.  The script was trying to process ldif files but kept bombing out be cause many of the DN it was trying to insert already existed.  In order to move on, I modifed each problematic ldif file and then reran the script.  i was finally able to get through the update process.

Now, I am able to launch the console and see that the admin server is running version 9.1.0 with build 2013.109.1825.

However, my slapd-config instance still is using the 9.0 jar and reflects version 9.0 with build 2011.312.195.

It would appear to me that the config instance did not get updated correctly.

Paul M. Whitney
E-mail: paul.whitney at mac.com