[389-users] connection time outs

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:15:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am trying to debug a problem, then under certain load postfix, which is
configured to use ldap lookups, throughs "warning: dict_ldap_lookup: Search
error -5: Timed out" messages. In dirsrv slapd access logs I can see a lot
of ABANDON messages and that is all I can find in logs related to this,
meaning that dirsrv doesn't give me any clue what the time outs happen. I
don't get any file descriptor shortage errors.
Of course there are too many possible causes for that, but my question
first of all is how to debug, what causes dirsrv timeouts.

Liutauras