[389-users] connection time outs

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 5 12:47:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

error -5 is not an LDAP timeout error, it must be logged by the client
application, and the fact that you see ABANDON messages looks like the
client waits for some time for a search result and then abondons the
search and logs an error.
you could check if the timeout in your client application is
configurable and increase it,
and you cou try to investigate why a search is taking too long, maybe an
index is missing or you have too many acis or .....

Ludwig