[389-users] dual change log entry with retro changelog plugin

Vincent Gerris vgerris at gmail.com
Fri May 24 12:04:33 UTC 2013

Hi Ludwig and fellow readers,

I will do that.
In the mean time I did some more investigating of the access log and
it seems like a bug to mee.
It may be true that sometime triggers te bug, but this is what I see
in the access log:
[24/May/2013:12:16:48 +0200] conn=20 op=1 MOD
dn="uid=********,ou=*******,o=*********"

This single MOD log entry in the access log triggers 2 changelog
entries with the same time step, but one with a higher numer (+1).
I believe the proper behaviour of the Retro Changelog Plugin schould
be that only 1 entry is made in the cn-changelog tree.

We are running 9.0.0 of the Red Hat Directory Server now, perhaps this
is a bug that is fixed in the mean time?
I am now off to enable Audit logging and perhaps after that look with
wireshark at what happens.
I hope in the mean time someone can confirm this bug and maybe a solution?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Vincent

>>> 389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org