[389-users] Problems with replication

Parasit Hendersson parasit at go2.pl
Tue Oct 15 13:39:42 UTC 2013

W dniu 2013-10-15 15:24, Rich Megginson pisze:

>> A given solution in this case it does not help, i made (again)
>> initialization and the effect is exactly the same. What else can be
>> wrong?
>
> You initialized the server "slave port 389" from the server "master
> port 389" and you still get "Replica has a different generation ID"?

Yes, in 389 console, in "Configuration" tab, "Replication" in menu tree,
right click on replication agrement -> "Initialize Consumer" (all data
will be erased, etc) finally OK. Last status - "Total update suceeded"
I also try from console by ldapmodify, but now i dont remember all used
comands.

>> Usually all changes from master are properly replicated, with some
>> unexplained exceptions and i don't know why.
>
> If you are getting "Replica has a different generation ID" then
> nothing should be replicating from "master port 389" to "slave port 389".

I know, its strange, but lots entries are replicated :/

With Regards
Parasit Hendersson