[389-users] Review 389-ds install/upgrade procedures and requisites on http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/download.html

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 14:26:42 UTC 2015

On 03/09/2015 12:39 AM, Juan Carlos Camargo wrote:
> I'd like to see an updated install/upgrade procedure for 389-ds. The
> info on the web page is outdated, links for coprs are not working
> either , maybe they are not valid anymore.

They are not, and have been removed.  It was just too difficult to
maintain the copr repos.  The recommended versions are now the ones
provided by your base operating system.
See also http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/releases/end-1-2-11.html

> As a user of Centos6x I'm somehow lost when I see versions of the
> product coming out whereas my servers are stuck with the older ones.

Right.  We are trying to keep EL6 versions stable - they are mostly in
maintenance mode.  Is there some feature you require that is not
available in 1.2.11 but is in some later version?  If not, then do you
really need to upgrade?

> Should I make the move to Fedora?

It depends.  Have you considered upgrading to CentOS 7.x instead? The
only problem is that the admin server and console bits are not yet
available, but should be shortly.