[389-users] Review 389-ds install/upgrade procedures and requisites on http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/download.html

Robert Viduya robert at oit.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 9 21:18:09 UTC 2015

I'm in the same boat.  We, as an enterprise, have standardized on RHEL6 as our OS, with RHEL7 only on the horizon.  Switching to either Fedora or CentOS isn't an option.  But the only "official" 389 release for RHEL6 is years old.

I reported a bug about a year ago, 47739, that's been fixed since 1.2.11.26.  But only 1.2.11.15 is available for RHEL6.  So, yes, there's at least one fix that we need that isn't available to us.  But really, there's tons of bug fixes and features that have come out since then.  The longer we're held back, the harder it will be to get our user base to adapt to all the new features once we do upgrade.

Is compiling from source our only option?  Because, I can do that.  I'd just rather not have to.