[389-users] attribute to works same as a sequence number

ghiureai isabella.ghiurea at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Mar 11 16:20:03 UTC 2015

Hi 389 List,

we have a need to use an existing attribute ( do not know wich
one:nspentrydn ,nsbackendsufix) or create a new one use defined which
will act similar as sequence number( integer values, incremental by 1
,range values known) I understand we can not rely on nsUniqueId . Is
there such an existing attribute in 389 , need to be unique , LDAP
generate values with gap1 , range values can be controlled ?
Isabella