[389-users] performance indexes questions

ghiureai isabella.ghiurea at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Sep 16 15:59:40 UTC 2015

Hi Gurus,

we are trying to  understand are performance issues  and start
investigating  the ACI's and indexes , I need to know if all "default
indexes" showing in 389-console admin are necessary beside the one which
we create for our application requirement :
- there are a 1/2 dozen of default indexes which are were there with DS
installation aka:
mailalternateAddress, ntUserDomain, ntUserDomainid,
seeAlso,numsubordinates  etc... Can we just go an remove this indexes
from DS ( using admin console?) , are they been used internally by
database ?

-Is there a way to export all indexes in ldif file same we are doing
with ACI's , how?

We are seeing running a ldapsearc cmd line for count of groups ( 7000
entries with memberOf plugin enabled) takes aprox 17-18 sec with server
cfg fro multimaster replication and this is not acceptable by our users.

we are running  389DS version with OS :Linux proc5-02
2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 21 13:35:52 CST 2013 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linu

389-ds-1.2.2-1.el6.noarch
389-ds-base-libs-1.2.11.15-34.el6_5.x86_64
389-ds-console-doc-1.2.6-1.el6.noarch
389-ds-base-cadc-1.3.3.3-sl6_00.x86_64
389-dsgw-1.1.11-1.el6.x86_64
389-ds-console-1.2.6-1.el6.noarch