[fab] Tinymail, Dates and Contacts

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 20:56:11 UTC 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 16:54, Rahul wrote:
> With all the discussion earlier on Evolution
> (http://lwn.net/Articles/179628/), one of the potential alternatives
> suggestion was a combination of Tinymail+Dates+Contacts. They use the
> E-D-S backend, throw away Bonobo in favor of D-Bus and is much smaller
> and modular.
>
> http://tinymail.org/
> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/08/04/2158214
>
> Maybe we need to look at as a potential default for future Fedora
> releases beyond FC6.

Contacts is already in Extras, I need to do an SVN snapshot to get some new
stability and fixes for new EDS.

I'm on the tinymail list and there isn't anything there yet that's suitable to
package up, I've talked w/ the author about it.

Dates, I haven't looked into yet, but would be happy to package it up for
Extras.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora