[fab] Packaging Committee/FESCo communication

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Thu Jul 6 18:32:53 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Now that the Packaging Committee is responsible for the Fedora Packaging
Guidelines, I think we should revisit how it and FESCo interact.  My
basic concern is that one hand doesn't necessarily know what the other
is doing anymore and that is bothersome.

In the olden days, FESCo discussed the guidelines and spot would approve
them if they made sense.  Now, FESCo (as a whole) doesn't really even
know what's being discussed anymore.  Take for example the changelog
format discussion.  I said we should discuss that in FESCo a bit and was
told the Packaging committee already discussed and decided the matter.

I realize that there are members of FESCo on the Packaging Committee.
And it's not as if I think the Packaging Committee is a bad idea, or are
doing things wrong.  However I think the communication channels between
the two committees should be a bit more than "here's your new
guidelines,  enjoy."

Thoughts, comments?

josh