old pages on fedora.redhat.com (Was: Re: [fab] Legal contact policy and incentives for contributors)

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Jul 13 08:15:38 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 02:56, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>
wrote:
> Patrick W. Barnes schrieb:
> >>
> >> I dont really consider the current spartan pages a much better user
> >> experience and we are doing redundant work. We already know that
> >> fedora.redhat.com is not easily changed either.
> >
> > The pages on fedora.redhat.com are current, [...]
>
> While on this topic -- old pages like
> http://fedora.redhat.com/about/
> (new is http://fedora.redhat.com/About/ )
> are still around on the server. I was told the old pages are not linked
> to on fedora.redhat.com (good idea ;-) ), but google an other search
> engines still find them. That confusing. And even worse: Google for
> example sometimes lists the old pages higher in the results than the new
> pages. That a PITA and should be fixed by deleting the old stuff.

Back when we did the fedora.redhat.com revamp, we tried to add manual
redirects from older pages to current pages.  If we've missed some (and I'm
sure we have), they are worthy of bug reports.  The change of locations
during the revamp was a disaster all its own.

There are links to bug templates on the Websites page of the wiki.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com