old pages on fedora.redhat.com (Was: Re: [fab] Legal contact policy and incentives for contributors)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jul 13 07:56:53 UTC 2006

Patrick W. Barnes schrieb:
> On Thursday 13 July 2006 01:41, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>> There are two reasons we haven't already done this:
>>> 1.  We have to use manual redirects.  Because of the way the site is
>>> currently set up, we can't use automatic redirects.  This would be an
>>> ugly way to greet fedora.redhat.com visitors.
>> I dont really consider the current spartan pages a much better user
>> experience and we are doing redundant work. We already know that
>> fedora.redhat.com is not easily changed either.
> The pages on fedora.redhat.com are current, [...]

While on this topic -- old pages like
http://fedora.redhat.com/about/
(new is http://fedora.redhat.com/About/ )
are still around on the server. I was told the old pages are not linked
to on fedora.redhat.com (good idea ;-) ), but google an other search
engines still find them. That confusing. And even worse: Google for
example sometimes lists the old pages higher in the results than the new
pages. That a PITA and should be fixed by deleting the old stuff.

CU
thl