[fab] fc6 -- new, removed packages

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Jul 17 15:18:58 UTC 2006

So, the test2 freeze is coming up in a couple of days, and I'm wondering
if we can talk about a few different things regarding the package manifest
for fc6.

For users, developers, media, etc. I think it would be really useful to
produce a couple of pieces of information somewhere on the wiki (if
they're not already there):

1) New packages in fc6 that were not in fc5
2) Removed packages that were in fc5 but are not in fc6

On that second point, when was the last time that we did a review of
packages that could be a candidate for removal?  We've had several
suggestions in different lists about trimming down the size of Core.  Can
we talk about this and act (if that's the decision) prior to fc6?

Hopefully we can discuss on this list today, and have a decision by the
end of tomorrow's Board meeting.

I'll be putting together an agenda for that today -- any suggestions to
get it starting, post it to a thread called "Agenda 2006-07-18" or
something and we'll work from there.

--Max

--
Max Spevack