[fab] fc6 -- new, removed packages

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Mon Jul 17 15:22:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 11:18 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> So, the test2 freeze is coming up in a couple of days, and I'm wondering
> if we can talk about a few different things regarding the package manifest
> for fc6.
>
> For users, developers, media, etc. I think it would be really useful to
> produce a couple of pieces of information somewhere on the wiki (if
> they're not already there):
>
> 1) New packages in fc6 that were not in fc5
> 2) Removed packages that were in fc5 but are not in fc6

Ditto for SE Linux policies and/or integration points.  In a slide I did
for a security talk I listed the SE Linux policies for fc3 vs. fc4
(about 6x more) and then pointed out that because of new mechanisms in
fc5 (loadable policies), there are even more that cannot be found by
looking at default policies.  But I think that showing the continued
progress of the targeted policy and the applications that have been
"fixed" to work with SE Linux would be a big and positive boost.  Heck,
even I provided info on a way to make some CCRMA package "work" with SE
Linux (and which is now upstream).