[fab] fc6 -- new, removed packages

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 17 16:01:25 UTC 2006

Michael Tiemann wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 11:18 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
>> So, the test2 freeze is coming up in a couple of days, and I'm wondering
>> if we can talk about a few different things regarding the package manifest
>> for fc6.
>>
>> For users, developers, media, etc. I think it would be really useful to
>> produce a couple of pieces of information somewhere on the wiki (if
>> they're not already there):
>>
>> 1) New packages in fc6 that were not in fc5
>> 2) Removed packages that were in fc5 but are not in fc6
>
> Ditto for SE Linux policies and/or integration points.  In a slide I did
> for a security talk I listed the SE Linux policies for fc3 vs. fc4
> (about 6x more) and then pointed out that because of new mechanisms in
> fc5 (loadable policies), there are even more that cannot be found by
> looking at default policies.  But I think that showing the continued
> progress of the targeted policy and the applications that have been
> "fixed" to work with SE Linux would be a big and positive boost.  Heck,
> even I provided info on a way to make some CCRMA package "work" with SE
> Linux (and which is now upstream).

Are the slides you are talking about publicly available.? If you are
talking about Fedora anywhere, please attach those slides to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations

Might consider being an ambassador too

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors
Also, SELinux changes atleast in FC5 has been broadly documented

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FC5Features
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/

We provide alteast provide references in the release notes.

Rahul