[fab] FUDCon update

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 18:49:36 UTC 2006

The two potential FUDCon's on the table:

1.  FUDCon Silicon Valley (October-ish 2006)

Current Owners: Max Spevack, Greg DeKoenigsberg

- Will hear back from Stanford by end of week if they are able to be our
host, and hopefully nail down the date.

- If not, we will contact San Jose State University, as Fedora has some
ties to their LUG.

- Considering a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcamp format

- Planet CCRMA, Creative Commons potentially for keynotes.  Max's dream is
to get Lawrence Lessig to speak.

2.  FUDCon Brazil (Early 2007 ???)

Current Owners: Max Spevack, David Barzilay

- Early discussion, planning phase with various folks down in Brazil.
They recommend the 2007 timeframe, for planning purposes, and also due to
the general conference schedule in that region.

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack