[fab] FUDCon update

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 19:02:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 14:49 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:

> 2.  FUDCon Brazil (Early 2007 ???)
>
> Current Owners: Max Spevack, David Barzilay
>
> - Early discussion, planning phase with various folks down in Brazil.
> They recommend the 2007 timeframe, for planning purposes, and also due to
> the general conference schedule in that region.

I'll defer to David as the expert on this subject, but from my
experience at FISL 7, let me say that (1) Brazil's a great place for
promoting Fedora, (2) the Debian guys support Debian like it's the
national football team--they are loud, they wear the shirts, etc, (3)
demonstrable progress of support of Brazilian Portuguese will be
important and (4) there are some really substantial resources in the
public sector that we can motivate to represent our side--SERPRO, Gov't
of Parana, folks at various banks, etc.  I think if we keep these things
in mind, we can plan a good FUDcon.