[fab] Succession Planning

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Jul 22 15:49:10 UTC 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 09:11, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> 4) CLA completion and being part of atleast one specific Fedora group
> >> like say Fedora Extras must be a requirement. Not everybody who has
> >> signed the CLA has provided any meaningful contributions and thus are
> >> not in the group of actual Fedora contributors. Having merely the CLA as
> >> a requirement might be abused.
> >
> > How do we define being "part of" a group?  Number of CVS commits?
> > Number of emails posted to a list?  Time on IRC?  If you can provide an
> > objective standard for this criterion, let's discuss it.
>
> Part of any Fedora group in the accounts system.

There is no reliable way to say who is active and who is not.  It is trivial
to gain membership in most of the groups in the Account System.  Unless
someone can think of a superior way to measure active contributors, I think
the CLA requirement is the best we can do.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/