[fab] Succession Planning

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 27 12:00:11 UTC 2006

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
>>> How do we define being "part of" a group?  Number of CVS commits?
>>> Number of emails posted to a list?  Time on IRC?  If you can provide an
>>> objective standard for this criterion, let's discuss it.
>> Part of any Fedora group in the accounts system.
>>

> There is no reliable way to say who is active and who is not.  It is trivial
> to gain membership in most of the groups in the Account System.  Unless
> someone can think of a superior way to measure active contributors, I think
> the CLA requirement is the best we can do.

I do continue to think we can do better. Here is a possible criteria
set. We might have to fine tune it better.

* Signed the CLA
* CVS commits to any of the Fedora Projects
* Triaged or reported X number of bugs in Fedora.
* Participated or organized atleast one event or contributed to
Free/Sponsored media as a Fedora Ambassador
* Member of any of the governing bodies such as committees and board
* Produced any Fedora specific content that is included in the
distribution - Documentation, Artwork etc.
* People who contribute to infrastructure and other management tasks.

Anything that I have missed?

Rahul