cross-site bug tracking

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Thu Apr 12 00:53:30 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> Switching just to switch is not interesting.  Finding a new ideal workflow,
> which should include things like bug / defect management, feature tracking,
> distribution status, project management, etc... and building up tools around
> that workflow is.

Of course. Not just 'interesting', though. Well more than
'interesting'. It seems obvious to me (from my experience at Novell)
that having such a workflow will be a major competitive advantage for
whatever distro achieves it first and gets buyin to the workflow from
major upstream providers.

[And yes, despite their execution problems, Canonical has a two year
head start on this. That should scare RH Corporate as much or more so
than anything else Canonical is doing.]

Luis