Legal Update

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 15:26:12 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 08:36 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> ... how has that
> really helped Joe?  He already has to go to some other location,
> presumably an unofficial forum or FAQ, in order to discover which
> packages he needs to "yum install" to get the support he wants.
> Instead, we send him to the repository, which really only has directions
> on how to get the repo configured, as opposed to actual help.

I think the scenario we are discussing is not for an experienced user
who will go to fora and FAQs for solutions.  It helps inexperienced
users who may not have heard of any of the elements involved, from
codecs to patents, and how that affects them.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org