Spins proposals

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:09:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> We can try to do this, but our resources are stretched pretty thin
> right now.  As mentioned before, spin owners are responsible for the
> QA of their spins.  We (QA) cannot do much more than basic sanity
> tests.
>
> I am now prepared for the riot gear and tear gas.

Let me be clear. If you want to hand the testing right back over the the
spin maintainer with guidance on what needs to be done....fine with me.  The
Board isn't going to mandate how QA tasks its work. But this most definitely
falls under QA to decide and guide others on what and how and who needs to
do this or any release testing.  Deputize all the members of the Spin Sig if
you have to, but its QA's call to organize the workflow for QA.   You've a
broad mandate to organize the testing space.

-jef