Spins proposals

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:25:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me be clear. If you want to hand the testing right back over the the
> spin maintainer with guidance on what needs to be done....fine with me.

OK, I was thinking that you were saying that the QA team had to
personally do all of this work that we have no resources to do, this
is more in line with what we had in mind - give a basic Fedora test
plan, and have the spin maintainer expand on/maintain/execute that
test plan.

> Board isn't going to mandate how QA tasks its work. But this most definitely
> falls under QA to decide and guide others on what and how and who needs to
> do this or any release testing.

Agreed.

> Deputize all the members of the Spin Sig if
> you have to, but its QA's call to organize the workflow for QA.   You've a
> broad mandate to organize the testing space.

Yep, for this specific workflow, we're on the hook to provide a test
plan of things that have to work in anything that we call Fedora, and
then deputize the Spin SIG to actually execute the plan and maintain
it on an ongoing basis.

Sorry for any misunderstanding!

-Jon