Policy on DST

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:22:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's more what I was getting at.  This isn't about someone's meal
> convenience but the fact that plenty of our volunteer contributors
> take time out of their $DAYJOB to come to Fedora meetings.  They have
> their own professional schedules to keep, as do we who are lucky

Exactly my case.  It's a lot easier to say "FESCo happens at 1PM on
Wednesdays" than it is to say "well, you see, during the summer, we
meet at 1PM, but during the winter, we decided we'd do it at noon" -
which would also interfere with $LUNCH - hey, fat guy's gotta eat!
(me) :)

All in all, I'd prefer shifting DST, even though it's the stupidest
idea ever invented, it's something we gotta live with :(