dormant bugs and our perception

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:04:10 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 1:58 PM, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen said the following on 01/03/2008 12:47 PM Pacific Time:

> >> Enhancements like this should be part of bugzilla and not a separate
> >> interface. http://bugzilla.redhat.com/rpm can be modified to do this.
> >> The reason why we don't it is because pretty much nobody in Fedora has
> >> access to that bugzilla instance to make improvements that benefit Fedora.
> >>

> > Uhm only if the changes don't break the accounting and other legal
> > processes that might be in Bugzilla because of SOX legal requirements
> > and such. You cant just hack around with bugzilla.redhat.com as it is
> > part of the company that makes money to pay for the rest of the toys.
> >

> SOX and Bugzilla???  There are accounting and legal processes in bugzilla?
>
> Please send a link to the SOX reg where this is outlined.
>
> Maybe I should go back to being a CPA :)

I do not know if there are not in Bugzilla.. sorry about not saying
'maybe'. I do remember that when SOX was getting rolled out, there had
to be a lot of changes into the entire Red Hat build system to meet
various tracking changes through the life of it etc. I thought someone
mentioned that covered bugzilla too.. but hey I am getting my info via
virtual beers that come due the next time I am in NC.