Fedora account restrictions

ffm ffm at intserverror.com
Mon Jan 21 17:14:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 8:32 AM, Russell Harrison <rtlm10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that he isn't requesting to remain anonymous to
> the Fedora Project.  He's requesting that his name not be used in
> places visible to the Internet at large.  I'm not suggesting that we
> allow anonymous contributions.  I'm looking for a way to keep the
> personal data of a minor available to only fp members or a subset of
> members.

Yes. That is what would be preferred. My parents just do not want to be able
for John Doe <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Doe> to google "ffm" or "Joe
Bloggs <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Bloggs>" and find out that "ffm ==
Joe Bloggs".

> I do feel its important that all contributions be connected
> to an actual person.

I agree. I am not asking for anonymity from my fellow developers, only from
the "public eye" of search engines.