fedoracommunity.org domain requests outstanding

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 9 16:05:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> Setup == easy
>
> maintanence == hard.

I totally agree with Mike here -- I've maintained a Drupal
installation (totally unrelated to my Fedora work) for a family member
for the past couple of years, and maintenance on Drupal is not
trivial.  Just keeping up with the constant stream of security and
module updates can take several hours a week.

In short, we need to make sure we've got folks willing to step up and
maintain this over the long term, or it's going to be more trouble
than it's worth.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader