fedoracommunity.org domain requests outstanding

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 23:14:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:25:58PM +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm going to take this up as somewhat of my pet "20% project" in my
> > new job, but that doesn't change the fact that we need a team of
> > people who can maintain and grow the product over time.  That will be
> > part of the project plan as well.  I agree 100% that it's not right
> > for this to get dumped on Infrastructure; it needs to have long-term
> > support from the community.  Using a codebase that has a large, strong
> > community upstream is helpful, but doesn't solve that problem by
> > itself.
>
> Thanks Paul for the summary. So, although I can volunteer some time to
> help this effort my understanding is that we better find a dedicated
> team of contributors to this project. Maybe we can start spreading the
> word around (blog, mailing lists, social media) to see if we can
> gather some interest?

Yes.  I'm currently working up a project plan that's specific, and
makes it easier for us to figure out whether our efforts are
sustainable.  The plan will include a production schedule and
milestones for us to meet.  That way everyone knows what they're
signing up to do.  Before we start asking for people to help I want to
complete that step.  I'm a bit behind because of other demands, but I
do expect to be able to increase my dedication to this project
shortly.  In the meantime I'll put the current plan information up in
links from the wiki [[Insight]] page.