Appointment of Board Members.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 20:28:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let us assume for a moment that there are no other vendors in the entire
> Fedora community except for Red Hat.  Would you want to facilitate that
> by providing a opportunity to participate in a equivalent footing?

No. im not going to assume. I very specifically want vendors to speak
up for themselves in any discussion about the balance of control from
their pov. I'm not at all keen on talking hypothetical about another
pov with hypothetical strawmen arguments. If there are other vendors
participating in the community right now that have a problem with the
governance model...then I want to hear from them and get down to
specific nature of their concerns and then decide how to address them.
 instead of engaging in a discussion where other vendors are held up
as  hypothetical straw-entities meant to support a pre-defined course
of action with regard to how the governance model should be changed.
I like putting the horse before the cart..not the cart ahead of the
horse.

-jef