MeeGo trademark status?

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 31 14:12:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> Can I mark Meego as approved by the board now is there another step in
> here to make sure the name matches one of the above somewhere?

The Board has agreed to "MeeGo Spin by Fedora" as the name.  Please be
aware that to use that name, however, we also must be in compliance
with the MeeGo testing program.  Last I talked to Peter Robinson (the
person doing the majority of the work on that spin), he made it sound
like we were going to run into major complications with their
compliance program, and that we'll probably end up dropping the MeeGo
trademark and artwork.  I know Peter is swamped right now with work
outside of Fedora, but I'll be working with him to get a status update
on this.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader