#fedora and freenode registration

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 11 20:41:42 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-11 09:39:24 PM, Thomas Janssen wrote:
> Maybe we could add/you could try something like i use in irssi:
>
> autosendcmd = "/^msg nickserv identify passwordhere;wait 10000";
>
> Works very well with my group'd nicks.
For what it's worth, freenode supports taking your NickServ password as
the server password, which ensures that you're identified by the time
you're joining channels.

The format they suggest for the server password is

accountname:password

where accountname is the account name in nickserv.

Thanks,
Ricky