Planet Fedora guidelines?

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:03:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 16:51 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Jeff Spaleta (jspaleta at gmail.com) said:
>> >
>> > Yes, I think its quite reasonable that people provide contact
>> > information if they want to use our planet and be prepared to
>> > participate in a discussion about their content from other
>> > contributors if and when their content is deemed questionable by
>> > another contributor.
>>
>> This could certainly be automated... after all, given how the planet works
>> we can automatically tie entries to a FAS account, no?

What are the current requirements for a fedorapeople account? Is it
just CLA, or CLA +1? If it was CLA+1, I think that we are far more
likely to know that the people are actual contributors.  On the other
hand - I wonder if we know what percentage of people who are posting
to planet are CLA vs. CLA + 1 - if we have lots of people providing
good content who are only CLA, I think we run the risk of losing some
of those people, which would not be excellent.

Just curious - I don't know if doing that at all would be helpful,
useful, or anything more than me randomly brainstorming bad ideas.

-Robyn