Planet Fedora guidelines?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 19 15:31:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 08:06 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> One thing we should consider proactively is a way to quickly and
> temporarily remove a feed from the planet if there is a massively
> offensive post (porn, a profanity-laden diatribe, stolen proprietary
> source code, or whatever). Is it prudent to have a kill-and-consider
> procedure in place, with the sincere hope that we'd never need to invoke
> it? (Trust me, I really don't want more policies, monitoring, or
> censorship in place, but perhaps we do need a way to react quickly if
> something crazy happens).

Yes, please.

Despite the negativity there seems to be quite a few interesting ideas
that have come out of the thread:

- kill and consider procedure (maybe requiring a FAS login to trigger,
using a flag link or something)

- an easy & consistent way to get contact information for each poster
listed on the planet

- an optional planet feed that has fedora & tech only related blog posts

- a FAS account aging requirement for posting rights (maybe a separate
planet that, if you hae a mentor, they can watch and you can graduate
from? For example new ambassadors could be added to an ambassadors
planet first..... if there is some faux paus people reading will better
know who the poster is and more easily know how to contact them etc)

~m