Increasing user testing and feedback (was Re: Bad-mouthing and hostility)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 17:15:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010, Colin Walters wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd genericize this. On firstboot, *EVERY* user should be asked if
> > they want to create a fedora account.
>
> This needs to go through the Fedora Design group.
>
> I'd beg to please, pretty please, don't add stuff to firstboot; we
> need to get people to a functioning desktop as the primary goal.

Random thought: We could put a pretty ajaxy signup thing on
start.fedoraproject.org that keeps them logged in via community.

I'm thinking of something similar to how google.com works now.  With no
login you get the generic pageg.  With a login you might get a more
feature rich "targeting contributors" page.  If they've gone far enough to
do the ajax sign up, we can try to consider them a potential contributor.

	-Mike