idea: suggestion box

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 5 16:06:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 09:56:32 -0600,
  Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> wrote:

> This would be a way for people to anonymously submit suggestions or
> ideas to Fedora for consideration. It could either be a web based

If this happens please be explicit about what we promise with regard to
anonymity. It is hard to provide true anonimity. Mostly we would be
promising not to look at logs and the like unless required to by law
enforcement or the like.

> What do people think of this idea?

I don't know that the effort spent doing this will be worth it compared to
other things we can do. I can't see getting a lot of valuable ideas submitted
here that we wouldn't get via some other route. And it's not just the one
time creation cost (which someone may want to do as a learning experiment),
but there is a significant on going cost to review potential suggestions,
that will most likely be coming from bots.