[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:36:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:10, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
\
> It is not occasionally but it has become quite frequently.
>
>> There is some noticeable friction relating to the Fedora trademark which
>> seriously holds back certain aspects of the community, but I doubt the
>> last words have been said on that.
>
> So, what do you expect here? My experience has thought me that if there
> is a change, it will not be for the better.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph
>
> P.S.: I'm not going to name any names or details in public as I don't
> want to play the blame game. I just want to draw a picture of the
> overall situation.

After many years of doing things like the above... when people do not
name names it just makes things worse. If one is upset enough to bring
something up then one is already looking to play the blame game.
Everything else is passive aggressive bull malarky.

The only additional advice I have is that when a person has reached
the stage where all they expect is things to get worse.. it is time to
leave. It is no fun to be around a person like that, it is no fun for
that person, and it all becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren