Proposal for the new Fedora Project

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Oct 1 14:55:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > [...]
> >> Imagine that technology applied to actual applications.... That run
> >> anywhere HTML5 does.  Our idea of the desktop is gone. [...]
>
> What about remote desktop widgetry like VNC, running inside a web
> browser?  If that becomes fast enough, perhaps there's no need to
> reinvent everything else.

Latency and other factors (like trying to teach your dad how to set
something like that up) will ensure it doesn't happen.  Especially if the
competing technologies already exist and have been properly formatted
(like for a mobile device.)  I don't think the future is making the
desktop mobile or globally available.  I think it's letting $PROVIDER run
it.

	-Mike