Formal signoff on moblin-meego change?

Jared K. Smith jsmith at
Thu Oct 14 14:37:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at> wrote:
> I have not yet received a formal signoff from the board on the moblin to
> meego name change. This spin is still marked as pending board approval
> related to trademark.

The Board talked about this a couple of months ago, and agreed to the
"MeeGo Spin by Fedora" name (after receiving permission from The Linux
Foundation to use that name, assuming we're deemed "compliant" with
the MeeGo specifications).  Unfortunately, the MeeGo community still
hasn't released their compliance specifications, and all indications
are that in order to be deemed "compliant", we're going to have to
make changes that we're not comfortable with.  In other words, we have
permission to use "MeeGo Spin by Fedora" if we decide to follow the
compliance route, or we'll have to come up with another name (not
using the MeeGo mark, artwork, etc.).

In talking with Peter Robinson, it seems like we're headed down the
"pick another name not using the MeeGo mark" road.  I'm assuming we're
going to to call the spin something like the "Fedora Mobility" spin.
I'm copying Peter on this, so that he can help fill us in on his

Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

More information about the advisory-board mailing list