December 2010 Fedora Election Plan

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Wed Oct 20 17:15:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to volunteer for moderating
> town halls or dealing with questionnaires, as I intend to run as a
> candidate for FESCo. That would seem self-serving.

Personally, I don't have a problem with you volunteering.  It's not
really self-serving - sure, you get some extra publicity, but your
fellow nominees will have their ways of getting their name out too.  I
shared your concern before when once I was coordinator while also
running for a Board seat.  No one objected, the work got done
(impartially IMHO), and yes, I did manage to get re-elected that
round.

I'm sensing a growing frustration from some of the people who have
been heavily involved in Fedora for a long time, a sense of burnout.
We've all felt it from time to time.  The lack of people stepping
forward to take on leadership tasks, such as the Spins SIG leader, the
election coordinator, and similar is concerning to me.  Am I alone in
this?

Thanks,
Matt