How have the Steering Committees made things better ?

Fri Sep 3 04:21:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I guess the advisory-board list is as good as it gets if I wanted to
have a wider group discussing the point. So, here goes.

My view, which I admit could be way off target, has been that the
various Steering Committees within Fedora are 'enablers'. Or, in other
words, they discuss, indulge in discourse and decide but with a simple
objective - to make Fedora better. This could be extrapolated in terms
of processes, technology, choices, goals and so forth.

The point that I was pondering over for a couple of weeks is whether we
actually do go back and ask the *SCo(s) to look inwards and ask as to
what positive change they have brought forth. And, is that well
articulated amongst the constituents of the project. As much as such
change is a factor of the *SCo leadership team it is also a factor of
how much the cross *SCo vision/goal sharing happens. Do the *SCo(s) have
a formal process of discussing amongst themselves, the Board and the
Fedora Project Leader at reasonably frequent intervals taking stock of
the direction of the project ?

So, have we really sat down and tried to assess how the Steering
Committees have made things better ?

/sankarshan

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay